Over the past several years many Australians have made the switch from smoking to vaporizing. Sadly many people simply throw out their AVB
(Already Vaped Bud) once used; however this is a waste!
When cannabis flower is vaporized at lower temperatures not all cannabinoids are removed (all Crave Dry-Herb Vaporizers come with an easy-to-use temperature control system) and it can be used for cooking purposes, meaning you can get way more bang for your buck than you may have thought!
We are going to explore a simple Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil recipe using AVB. Keep in mind that you will need to monitor this recipe whilst cooking.
Let’s get started on ‘How To Make Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil With AVB’.
What You Need To Get Started:
- 1 Cup AVB (roughly 7 grams)
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil (or enough to fully cover AVB)
- 1 Teaspoon Sunflower Lecithin Oil
- Double Boiler (two saucepans work perfectly)
- Storage Jar
- Around 8 hours
- Fill larger saucepan with water and bring to the boil on your stovetop.
- Once boiled, turn the heat down low so that water is simmering.
- Place the smaller saucepan inside of larger one so that water comes around half way up the small saucepan.
- Put the Coconut Oil inside the small saucepan and melt.
- Once Coconut Oil is melted, add the AVB and Sunflower Lecithin and stir.
- Cook for 8 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Set up your strainer over a glass jar and line the strainer with cheesecloth.
- Slowly pour the oil and plant matter into the strainer.
- Thoroughly strain all plant matter so that no oil is wasted.
It is that easy! Your Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil is now ready for consumption. We recommend trying out a small sized dose at first, so that you can accurately gauge how powerful your oil is.
Cannabis infused coconut oil can be used in a vast number of recipes that we will explore in the future, but is ready to eat as is! Enjoy!